Friday, August 5, 2016

In about 40 minutes, I'm heading off on the long trip up to the State Fair.  I've got a bunch of interesting entries, most look a bit better than the photos.  This one, for instance, is a small but pretty doily in size 40 (really closer to 30) Olympus.  I made it in the time between knee replacement and staple removal.





Then I began (and eventually finished) this one in a different Olympus 40.  It's about 19 inches across.


This tatted house is this weekend's workshop pattern




And I also made a bunch of tatted bookmarks.  These are an abbreviated version of Kersti Anear's "Stumpy" pattern - I had to abbreviate because I was using variegated "craft" thread and there is not much yardage



In June, I started using hemp to make a bunch of crocheted baskets.  Big and little, they seem useful  The 1 mm hemp was essentially designed to string beads, so it had to fulfill its purpose, right?  I've tatted baskets with it, but decided I should crochet a few.  This is the best of the bunch.  When it returns, it looks like the perfect WIP container.



Okay, breakfast and then I'm off

2 comments:

Bernice said...

Love Pineapple doilies. safe travels

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

You have some good entries to display--nice variety. Enjoy the fair!